The South East Federation of Green Parties is looking for a self-employed Campaigns Coordinator to work with the Party to plan our South East election campaigns and support the growth of the Green Party in the South East region. This will include support to win elections (European or General if they take place, and local elections) including through supporting events hosted by local parties across the region.
The services provided by the Campaigns Coordinator are likely to include:
- the coordination of relationships with senior volunteers
- fundraising activities
- organising and coordinating events
- liaising with National and Local Green Parties
- sharing best practice across the region and lead training sessions
- providing continuity from Keith Taylor MEP's former UK-based staff
and if there is a European Election
- leading the development of the overall campaign to deliver at least two Green MEPs
- Mobilising activists regionally
- Arranging for the printing and distribution of regional campaigns materials
- Reporting weekly to the Euroelection Campaign Team
- Working with the Regional Party Treasurer in planning and adhering to the campaign budget.
We are looking for one or more contractors who have experience within a political organisation, who understand how to manage a varied work load, are self-starters, and are able to prioritise tasks.
The contractor will work very closely with the South East Green Party Field Organiser and with the SEGP Elections Campaign team.
He/she will need to make substantial use of Social Media and keep good records
We aim to interview, in Canada Water, London, possibly via Skype or similar, on Tuesday 26 or Wednesday 27 March, and would like the contract to start asap and in any case by the end of March and run until 31st May with the possibility of extension.
£10-14 per hour, depending on experience, plus expenses. Up to 35 hours per week.
Applicants who can offer lesser amounts of time per week may apply as we are prepared to engage two such contractors.
Invoices to be submitted for payment to the Party on a monthly basis.
Location: Home working, with substantial travel across the SE Region.
How to Apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org attaching a 1-2 page expression of interest outlining how your skills and experience make you suitable for the opportunity, accompanied by a CV.
Closing Date for receipt of Applications: 8 p.m. on Sunday 24th March.
Priorities will be agreed on the first day of the contract and reviewed at regular intervals with a representative of the Federation of South East Green Parties.