Come and join us for an activists day in Reading on July 18th – meet fellow Greens, enjoy training and discussions, and celebrate our election successes.
The South East Green Party has arranged a day to celebrate our successes and to discuss how we can build on the Green Surge in the South East. Green MP Caroline Lucas will launch the day at 10am.
The event will be an opportunity for parties from across the region to get together and share skills and ideas. The day will offer:
- A chance to hear from inspirational speakers including Green MP Caroline Lucas, Green Party Deputy Leader Amelia Womack and others great speakers.
- Training Sessions (including sessions on how to win council seats & build votes, how to build membership and mobilize)
- Informal workshops (chances to discuss political issues and share campaigning ideas)
- Fun activities (a space for those who’d like a breather from campaigns discussions!)
- Space to catch up with old friends and meet new ones!
About the venue and how to get there:
The day is being held in the Reading International Solidarity Centre (RISC). It’s a fantastic venue, offering meeting rooms, a great bookshop and an Ethiopian Cafe. Reading is easily accessible by train from nearly anywhere in the South East. The venue itself is just a 10 min walk from the train station. The venue has disabled access and a hearing loop. There is disabled parking outside (other paid parking is within a few minutes' walk).
*Please note that the event begins at 10am, whilst registration opens at 9.30am.
Food and Drink:
Tea and coffee is available throughout the day, at no extra cost.
A vegan lunch is provided onsite at an extra cost which is pre-paid with your ticket. This is an Ethiopian injera (pancake) with two fillings. There’s also a gluten-free option. Alternatively, you can try one of the nearby cafes, or bring a packed lunch.
Optional Evening Social:
We’re also organising a curry supper for those who sign up in advance at the nearby Royal Tandoori – please email Vicki if you would like to attend so we can book enough spaces (at own cost on the day).
The event is now sold out. If you still want to come, contact Vicki Elcoate to check if there are any cancellations.
35-39 London St
Reading, West Berkshire RG1 4PS
Google map and directions