Join the bus for a tour around the Folkestone area!
- 10am Pick up supporters and members at the Red Lion bus stop in Hythe.
- 10.15am Stop on Twiss Road (near corner of South Road) for photo op to highlight the development issues in Hythe, particularly in light of this week's sinking of the Neighbourhood Development Plan.
- 10.45am Folkestone Town Centre for an hour or so of campaigning, including distributing Green Leaf newspapers. Any supporters are welcome onto the bus to watch a short film on fracking.
- 12.15pm Down to the Harbour to meet with the Remembrance Line Association to highlight our Folkestone rail campaign.
- 1pm Back through the town, along Seabrook Road, and via Hospital Hill to the Horn Street Railway Bridge for a photo and meeting with members of the Shorncliffe Development Residents Group to highlight the infrastructure issues with large-scale local developments.
- 1:30pm Bus departs for Ashford.
At each of the stops we'd like to get out as many people as possible, so please do join us if you can and spread the word. We'll also try to get the local press along for one or more stops. Please RSVP for shifts below or come along for the whole ride!
PS. Thanks to everyone who has helped with this vital European election campaign to date, it has been another great team effort. It's a big week and a half to 22nd (don't forget the meeting/celebration in the Red Lion on that evening, from 7pm) so we'd still like to get out more boards, posters, papers.
PPS. If you are Hythe-based (or even if you are not but want to read about how not to behave as a town council), don't forget to read and spread the story about the sinking this week of the Neighbourhood Development Plan on www.shepwaygreenparty.com