The starting gun has been fired for the European Parliament elections on 23 May 2019. We want to make sure there is at least one Green MEP elected for South East England, to join the united Green group in the European Parliament, following on from the work Caroline Lucas and Keith Taylor
Thanks to our generous donors, we have already raised £5,000 for the deposit in deposit bonds. Now we need to raise £40,000 for a Freepost leaflet to be delivered to every household in SE England. We also need to recruit temporary staff to build a big campaign across the region, so that every voter knows why they should vote Green. So please give what you can now.
- £10 buys 10 Green Party rosettes and badges for campaigners to wear.
- £30 pays for 10 big stake boards to put up where voters will see them.
- £100 pays for one day's work by an campaign organiser.
- £250 pays for online advertisements on a campaign issue.
- £400 is enough to print 10,000 leaflets to hand out at stalls and stations.
- For £800 we can print a leaflet to be delivered for free by the Royal Mail to every house in a constituency.
If the UK leaves the EU before 22 May and the European Election is cancelled, we will use the unspent part of your donations to support local Green Party election campaigns.