Archie Mitchell wants to volunteer 2019-10-03 06:57:34 +0100
The face to face conference in Brighton this Spring 2020 conference has been cancelled. But we are going ahead with making the conference accessible to members who are staying at home worried about Covid-19. There will not be any voting, but there will be speeches, panels and fringes.
We will be using a new online conference platform Hopin. It brings together in one place the different things we have been trying before.
Chatting to others
Members will be able to watch sessions from home, send questions to speakers on panels, ask questions from someone at a stall or have video chats with participants from other parts of the country, just like you do when sitting at tables in the conference.
We need volunteers to help support the online sessions. You can volunteer from home.
- At home, during the conference you can:
- facilitate online question and answer sessions,
- provide technical support to help people who get stuck,
- and schedule informal polls.
I will be arranging online training sessions before the conference. Please sign up below to help.Become a volunteer
- At home, during the conference you can:
Archie Mitchell donated 2019-06-04 17:46:21 +0100
The amount for your event tickets should already be filled in. Click on the continue button to pay.Donate
Archie Mitchell endorsed 2019-03-14 05:36:52 +0000
Are you troubled by the reality of climate change and ecological breakdown? Would you like to do something about it? Do you want to influence our council to make real changes that might help us all?
If the answer is yes to any of the above then join the Green party in supporting our council to declare a Climate Emergency and begin meaningful action. Read the practical steps we can take locally to mitigate the worst causes and affects of climate breakdown here and sign the endorsement fields below.
You can get it signed on behalf of your family, friends, work place or organisation. Please let us know below if you are signing on behalf of an organisation. We are intending to publish this as an open letter in the local press in January 2019 and would like this to be a cross party call from organisations, businesses and groups all over Hastings. This affects us all. There is no bigger challenge. Let's face it together.Endorse
Archie Mitchell wants to volunteer 2018-05-22 16:49:54 +0100
We want to double the number of Green MEPs for South East England.
Please can you volunteer a little of your time to help.
There are some simple things everyone can start doing right now.
- Spread the word on social media: Retweet @SEGreenParty, like the South East Green Party Facebook page, and share our posts. And when people respond start conversations, you can invite them to sign up for something on this web site.
- Get in touch with your local Green Party.
Below are the ways you can help us. Tick all those that you can do. Together we can make a difference for the common good.Become a volunteer
Archie Mitchell wants to volunteer 2018-02-06 20:06:06 +0000
Over 10,000 people have joined the Green Party in SE England in 2015. We now need everyone's help to build on that to change our part of England, campaigning to get more Green Party councillors elected and changing things in your area.
The best way to reach voters is to knock on doors and talk to them. But not everyone lives close to a winable council ward. So if you would like to help across the south east, sign up here to help out in our online campaigns.
Rather than just ask for volunteers in general, we have broken down what we need into different tasks. Down below you will tick the tasks that you can do. But first, let me explain what is needed. We are following the tactics used successfully in the Obama 2008 and SNP 2011 elections. We need teams of volunteers to:
- Write an edit interesting pages on this site, that people will read.
- Design and send out messages that will provoke a reaction in social media. Something that will get people to like or comment on Facebook, or to retweet or reply on Twitter.
- Encourage our friends to forward these messages, to reach wider audiences.
- Take turns monitoring responses to this message, for a few hours a week, and start conversations with our followers, encouraging them to sign a form on the site, starting their journey to become an active supporter.
Through that process, we will recruit supporters everywhere, people who will later organise local meetings, donate money and get their friends to vote in May 2016. Using this very technique, the SNP built an e-mail list of 50,000 voters in 90 days in 2011.
Tick all the relevant boxes for the ways you can and will help get more Greens elected.Become a volunteer
Archie Mitchell is following this site, wanting to find out more about the South East Green Party.