My priorities in the role are:
- An orderly transition of the Green Party as soon as possible to the new constitution, formation of the Limited company and election of the required Board and Council
- Supporting the CEO and party committees in creating and maintaining the highest standards in governance, internal processes and procedures such as with dispute resolution and election strategy as well as with the terms and conditions of party staff and volunteers
- Facilitating the work of protected and party interest groups such as Young Greens so that their dynamic campaigns can flourish
My view on where we are currently with Green politics is that our party should make an "environment first" offer across the board. Even under the current voting system we can win seats from both Left and Right if we project well our own terms as developed in our underpinning philosophy and policies over the previous five decades.
My professional background was in economics and tax. I have particular interests in
- the role of business activity in contributing to green transition
- education and awareness towards the introduction of a Universal Basic Income
- redirecting the economy towards all aspects of a Green New Deal with priority to Housing and Transport.
I retired from the civil service in 2017 after different jobs working in the regions of the Midlands, the NW, the NE, London as well as the SE. Since joining the Green Party five years ago I have held several positions in my local party in Adur (Shoreham by Sea) including Chair and membership secretary and stood in several district and county elections.
I have attended national party conferences in Harrogate, Bristol, Bournemouth and Birmingham and was voted on to International Committee in Spring 2018 covering a temporary vacancy. I have been active at SE regional level for 3 years having contributed on Disciplinary Committee, regional Target to Win selections and deployment of resources during the 2019 European elections. I have at various times acted as deputy SE Chair. Last September I was temporarily co-opted by SE Committee on to GPRC where I have contributed to decisions and face to face and online meetings prior to, during and since the General Election. During the General Election 2019 campaign itself I canvassed and leafleted most weekdays with the team in Hove.