After the floods: What happened and how do we stop it happening again?
In the first week of March Keith Taylor MEP will host a series of public meetings about the terrible flooding that has hit his constituency in recent weeks.
This meeting, in Reading, will aim to answer a number of questions:
1) Why did the floods happen?
2) What role did climate change play in the floods?
3) Can we stop floods like this happening in the future
Reserve a place at the meeting: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/after-the-floods-reading-tickets-10733918439
Local residents will be given a chance to have their say on what happened.
- Jamie Clarke, Director of COIN (and personally affected by the flooding)
- Professor Roland Clift from the University of Surrey's Centre for Environmental Strategy
The public meetings will bring together environmental experts and local residents to discuss ways to avoid flooding in the future.
Reading RG1 7JR
Google map and directions