Andrew Goatly signed up for canvasser 2014-02-28 10:54:00 +0000
We want to double the number of Green councillors in South East England. This is going to be a big year for elections. All the 2020 elections and by-elections have been postponed for a year. They will take place at the same time as the county council elections.
Please can you volunteer a little of your time to help. There is so much to do, if we are going to compete with the big parties and win like we did in 2019.
There are some simple things everyone can start doing right now.
- Spread the word on social media: Retweet @SEGreenParty, like the South East Green Party Facebook page, and share our posts. And when people respond start conversations, you can invite them to sign up for something on this web site.
- Get in touch with your local Green Party.
Below are some of the ways you can help us. Tick all those that you can do. Together we can make a difference for the common good.Become a volunteer
Andrew Goatly signed up for SMV:followup emailer 2014-02-07 10:11:16 +0000
Over 10,000 people have joined the Green Party in SE England in 2015. We now need everyone's help to build on that to change our part of England, campaigning to get more Green Party councillors elected and changing things in your area.
The best way to reach voters is to knock on doors and talk to them. But not everyone lives close to a winable council ward. So if you would like to help across the south east, sign up here to help out in our online campaigns.
Rather than just ask for volunteers in general, we have broken down what we need into different tasks. Down below you will tick the tasks that you can do. But first, let me explain what is needed. We are following the tactics used successfully in the Obama 2008 and SNP 2011 elections. We need teams of volunteers to:
- Write an edit interesting pages on this site, that people will read.
- Design and send out messages that will provoke a reaction in social media. Something that will get people to like or comment on Facebook, or to retweet or reply on Twitter.
- Encourage our friends to forward these messages, to reach wider audiences.
- Take turns monitoring responses to this message, for a few hours a week, and start conversations with our followers, encouraging them to sign a form on the site, starting their journey to become an active supporter.
Through that process, we will recruit supporters everywhere, people who will later organise local meetings, donate money and get their friends to vote in May 2016. Using this very technique, the SNP built an e-mail list of 50,000 voters in 90 days in 2011.
Tick all the relevant boxes for the ways you can and will help get more Greens elected.Become a volunteer
Andrew Goatly is following this site, wanting to find out more about the South East Green Party.