Fighting for your public services
Unlike the other political parties Greens believe that public services should be in our hands.
Competition has poisoned the NHS and it is being privatised bit by bit. We need to take the profit motive out of health care. Private companies pocket £18m a day from the NHS budget.
Since 2010 rail fares have shot up by 25% while wages in real terms have fallen. Europe's public railways are cheaper for passengers - a ticket from London to Bristol costs three times more than the equivalent journey would cost in France.
Greens will fight for:
- A publicly funded, publicly provided NHS that is free at the point of use
- Repeal of the Health and Social Care Act 2012
- Make mental health a much higher priority with resources to match this status
- Return the railways to public hands, saving money and improving public services
- Introduce an immediate cute of 10% in public transport fares
- Promote cycling and walking
- An end to cuts to vital services.
No other party can be trusted to protect our precious NHS or stand up to the private companies running our railways.